Friday 11 March 2011

C25K Wk4 D2

Treadmill
Time 60.3mins
Cals 356
Dist 4.92Km
AvSp 4.88KPH
AvHr 101Bpm

I had two days between runs because of work. Up at 5am and home at 7pm. I just don't have the energy or the inclination to go to the gym after that.
I read on Twitter over this mornings double shot latte in the Blackbird Bakery, a quote from Sven Goran Eriksson.

“The greatest barrier to success is the fear of failure.”
I thought deeply about this on my way to the gym.
Today's run was still challenging. My ankles, shins, calves and thighs ached, but mentally it was easier because I knew I could do it, having done it before. 

The anxiety had disappeared and was replaced by dogged determination, believe me if I can do it, anyone can do it. Feel the fear and do it any way.
To quote Shakespeare's Henry V. 

"Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with hard-favoured rage; Then lend the eye a terrible aspect...I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips, straining upon the start. The game's afoot: Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

1 comment:

  1. How's the c25k program going? I finished mine a couple of weeks ago. Week 4 was tough but worth getting through - there was a road to damascus moment in week 5. I hope you are sticking at it.

    ReplyDelete