Friday 21 January 2011

C25K Week1 Day1. Taking it to the cobbles.

Yesterday I decided to MAN UP and ignore the toothache I have had for a week and which seems like it could go on for ages yet, and go out and pound the pavement. I started the C25K challenge again using the podcast downloaded from the NHS website. The only difference being that this time I was running around the streets of South London instead of bouncing around on the treadmill at the local gym. I found the intensity of running along the pavement a lot more difficult. Changes in gradient and especially sucking cold air into my lungs (I have asthma) added to the discomfort. It is the first time in nearly twenty years that I have gone out running for exercise and I was very proud of myself when I had finished. Next run tomorrow and looking forward to it. I will be at work all day and from past experience I am usually too tired to exercise when I get home, so will bring my kit to work and go for a run at lunchtime. You can see my stats for yesterday here.

No comments:

Post a Comment