Friday 17 December 2010

A sleepy start but a good finish.

If you follow me on Twitter you will already know that I had an awfully hard time trying to wake up this morning.
To elaborate, I had set my alarm for six thirty and had intended on getting up, packing my gym bag, going for a coffee in the BBB (Blackbird Bakery) then going for a workout and a sauna.
"The best laid schemes o' Mice an' Men, Gang aft agley" as the great bard once said. The snooze button was pressed at least twice before I managed to swing my great bulk out of my pit.
I did proceed to the BBB and quaffed two lattes and devoured a sausage roll, not your common and garden variety either, but a free range pig, Apricot and herb sausage roll, lovingly heated to perfection in the microwave oven, before leaving for the gym feeling quite replete and chipper.


I had a good workout today, back on familiar machines after last night at ED. Tried a new technique as well. After inputting my age and weight into the treadmills computer, it said that my 114Bpm was 60% of my max heart rate. As long as I kept above that I was supposed to be in the 'Fat Burn Zone'. I set the speed to 5kph and started walking. After a short warm up I jogged until the target HR was reached. I continued this jog/walk at 5kph, keeping the HR >114Bpm until I had completed 4km, then did a 10 min cool down at 4kph.




Todays stats.


Treadmill.
Time 55 mins
Cals 339
Dist 4.38 km
AvSp 4.78 kph
AvHr 119 Bpm


I felt pretty good after the WO and with the new technique, because there was more walking than running, I didn't have the normal shin pain to contend with.


I went to the spa after the gym and relaxed in the sauna for half an hour, with a couple of short breaks for a sprint around the cold shower. Hells Teeth!! it is bloody cold as well, gets the heart and the lungs going though, although it doesn't look very macho turning in ever decreasing circles, screaming like a bitch.


I had a surprise when I returned to my car though.


No comments:

Post a Comment